Search this blog


Home About Contact
Sunday, September 7, 2008

day 27  

 


We have three new pets -- at least temporarily. I think mom and her babies are refugees from the neighbors. She got through the fence I guess, but can't get back. I have no chicken feed, but when she started trying to figure out the lickit we have up for the dogs, I figured we could at least give them water.

I'm trying hard not to personalize things -- I don't like seeing the food chain this up close & personal.

Our neighbors raise chickens and goats for food -- which I know is very natural -- but I hate seeing the babies and hearing the goat's bleating (sp?) all the time, and then there are no more goats and it's just silence. Just don't have the intestinal fortitude for it.

But for now I'm happy to be Switzerland to mom and her two chicks.

Posted by Picasa

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ day 27